Drobo

Why do I install updates?

I updated my Drobo Dashboard to 1.5.19930 when I was prompted this morning. I followed all of the instructions and completed the install without a problem. Now Drobo Dashboard misrepresents my data usage, doesn’t show all my partitions and even the Drobo is showing the wrong utilization (one one light lit as opposed to the 7 or 8 that should be lit).

My Drobo is connected via firewire to my 24" iMac and has 3 1TB Western Digital Green drives and a 500GB Green drive. I have it divided into 4 partitions and use it primarily to back up my other firewire drives. Currently all the partitions show up and seem to be OK, but the Drobo and the Dashboard tell a different story.

Oh why do I update when everything is fine… Anyone have any ideas here?

I thought this was a Dashboard issue, but now I see that all my Drobo Blue lights are off as well … Dashboard is only reflecting my smallest partition.

I did notice from the web site that the firmware went up to level 1.3.3 … but my 'Check for Update" in the Dashboard says my 1.3.0 is current

I have no clue

Yes I initially thought it was only the Dashboard misrepresenting the data, then I noticed the blue lights. The blue lights are a bit more concerning than the dashboard, but regardless something is wrong and it is not an isolated issue.

Please open a support case online and we will investigate the issue on Monday when the Support Desk opens.

Having the exact same problem here. The dashboard is showing only one of two partitions, and the Drobo blue lights are suggesting only one partition. Thankfully all of the data and both partitions are there and operating normally, but something clearly isn’t right with the new Dashboard software for OS X. My Drobo is also connected to an iMac, with 4 1 TB WD Green drives.

Is everyone on Mac OS 10.5.8?

I am running 10.5.8 here…

I need to know the following for our engineers:

What OS you are running?
What firmware/dashboard you are on?
Did you use dashboard or disk utility to partition your volumes?

Running Mac OS X 10.5.8
The problem developed when I upgraded to Dashboard 1.5.19930
Firmware is 1.3.3 (It was 1.3.0 when the problem developed; I upgraded to 1.3.3 and there was no change in the issue)
I used Dashboard to partition the Drobo when I installed it last month.

I am on 10.5.8 as well and upgraded to Drobo Dashboard 1.5.1 when it prompted me to. Now I can’t even upgrade to 1.3.3 and I can’t backup through Time Machine on two computers.

Yes … Mac OSX 10.5.8 … Happened when I upgraded Dashboard to 1.5.1 … Previous versions only showed “Used Space” for Just Mounted partitions

Just another “me too” here. Running on a 20" iMac (few years old) over a bilingual firewire cable. I have two partitions, Dashboard and Blue Lights are only showing smallest volume. I was running 10.5.7 when I installed the dashboard update, but just upgraded to 10.5.8 (no change). I used Dashboard to set up my partitions (I think, it was a confusing night, long ago.)

All data is fine, but like others have said, it is disconcerting to not see that volume represented, considering I bought the Drobo because I had suffered data loss on that volume in the past…

I’m not touching that update button. Running just FINE on the old version.

When you say the smaller partition, what size are these partitions?
Did you use dashboard to make these?
Or disk utility to make a partition for Time machine?

If anybody has opened a support case please private message me the case number.

The drobo has 2 1TB drives (ordered as a kit), but was partitioned for 8TB (to allow for expansion). I have a Time Machine partition set up as 350GB, and the rest of the space (7.5TB or so) set up as the other partition.

I don’t recall how I made the partitions, the night I set up the Drobo was a mess of confustion (nothing seemed to work for hours, eventually tracked it down to bad USB routing, but I had tried many different partions schemes and methods of formatting before I got it working. I’m running on Firewire now).

Up until this Dashboard update the pie-chart in the menu bar and Dashboard were reporting both partitions, and my lights were showing properly on the front of the Drobo. Now I am showing only the TimeMachine partition and a single light (10%?) on the front of the Drobo, though I have over 650GB used (60% or so) on the system at the moment.

I just put all of this in a support request. I’ll fire the ticket number off to you when it opens.

Great thanks!

Just wanted to let you know, we are actively looking into the issue and thank you for your continued patience and assistance!

I no longer need case numbers PM’d to me. We are aware of the issue and working on it!

I am![hr]
Any word from the engineers?

They are working on a way to resolve the issue.