Drobo

What's Difference in Win7 w/iSCSI?

I have a Lenovo D20 with two gigabyte network adapters built into the mainboard.
Vista sp2 worked perfectly to start and run my Drobopro.

Win7 seems too selective (or something) on startup. Depending on which cable goes to which adapter, here’s what happens…

Ether…
I have internet connection and Drobo/dashboard won’t start, or…
Drobo/dashboard starts and I have no internet.

This occurs with static or Drobo Dashboard assigned IP’s.

Both can be “repaired” with “Troubleshoot Problems” from the Taskbar. (pretty cool repair feature, but annoying)

I currently get an improved write speed to Drobo around 100mb/sec., so I probably won’t go back to Vista. I am going back to repairing the internet connection (not the Drobo connection) for now. I’d rather have Drobo working.

Try changing the adapter order. It’s a bit more hidden in Win7/Vista, but you can still get to it like you did in XP.

Go to Change adapter settings for the Network adapters, then Alt-N to get to the Advanced menu.
Then go to Advanced settings, and adjust the adapter order.

I just attempted the above recommendations and the results were worse! No DroboPro, no internets, no salvation with the Troubleshooter!

I switched back and now run the Troubleshooter on each boot.

I’ll install another Gigabit adapter (that I already have) and see how that goes.

Hmm, that’s odd…

Maybe something’s messing up your routing table?

Try
tracert ip address of your DroboPro
and
tracert www.yahoo.com (or other Internet address)

before and after the Troubleshooter and check for differences.

Updated NIC drivers solved the issue!
:~)
Easier than I thought.

Good to hear you got it solved. I’ve found in my experience that it’s a good practice to keep copies of the “known good” drivers around for reinstalls and such.

[quote=“bhiga, post:6, topic:772”]
Good to hear you got it solved. I’ve found in my experience that it’s a good practice to keep copies of the “known good” drivers around for reinstalls and such.[/quote]
Funny the difference between “Known Good and Good Enough”