Ventura fix ? when?

So got an email stating its going to be incompatible ? so anyone on BETA confirm how incompatible it is? Is Drobo planning to fix this? despite being Chap 11 right now ?

Nope

that’s hardly a no for ever… just for now…

Why won’t Drobo comment on when they think a Ventura fox might be likely. Should we all be looking for alternatives now ?

1 Like

You could migrate to a PC

Do yourself a favor and migrate to another NAS platform ASAP. I saw the writing on the wall two years ago when a bug between a new version of Plex for Drobo and a Drobo firmware update wiped out all my data TWICE. I jettisoned my Drobos and moved to QNAP devices after that and I’m still kicking myself for not having done so earlier.

If you’re still using a Drobo to back your data up, you’re living on borrowed time.

1 Like

I upgraded with no issues. Just shut Drobo’s down and disconnect the drives during upgrade. I have 2 Drobo 5D3’s.

3 Likes

How are your DROBO’s doing with Ventura?
I also have 2 but have not updated yet.
Thanks for any update

1 Like

I just installed macOS 13.0.1 Ventura and Drobo5D3 and Drobo Dashboard is working fine. Settings function. Crossing fingers it stays that way with future iterations of Ventura.

2 Likes

I have a Drobo 5N2 and bought a new MacBook Air with the M2 chip and Ventura 13.0.1 installed.
I’m glad to report that I successful installed the last version of Drobo Dashboard and all admin functions are working. I also have an iMac and as a precaution, I will wait January before updating my 2020 iMac27 to VenturaOS.

2 Likes

Good to know it works on a M2 MacBook Air. FYI, my upgrade to Ventura with Drobo dashboard was on a 2017 iMac Intel 27" with no issues. I disconnected all external drives before the upgrade.

2 Likes

I went ahead and gave it a try today on my Mac Mini M1, 2020… updated to Ventura 13.1and my 5D3 mounted and is working. Currently on Drobo Dashboard 3.6.1 [115880] … if anything changes I’ll be sure to update.

1 Like

updated to 13.2 today and everything works fine… so far.