USB 3.0 Support

The Diamond USB 3.0 card # USB30PE is a recommended card (see FAQ Diamond, PCIe, Dual-Port USB30PE).

Mine came with driver v 1.0.19.0 on the CD. My platform is a Win7 Pro 64 bit.

I see on the WEB that there are newer drivers for the NEC USB 3 chip.

Maybe someone could tell me their experience, and which driver they are using on a Window platform? It appears there are NO 64 bit drivers out there, only 32.

this is interesting,
ive got winxp and using usb1/2 connection for my gen1 and gen2 drobos.

but ive also got a win7 64bit home laptop that i was planning on connecting the drobo to, and the laptop has a normal usb1/2 slot, as well as (i believe) a usb3/esata slot (it looks like a lightning bolt usb~ / estata combo slot)

if theres no 64bit driver does this mean we cant actually plug a usb gen1/2 drobo straight into win7?

Drobo mounts as USB Mass Storage Device, and that profile is pretty much “built in” to the USB controller’s driver itself.
As long as your USB controller has a driver, it will work, but if your USB 3.0 controller is operating in USB 2.0 or USB 1.x mode, you will obviously have slower transfer speed.

64-bit vs 32-bit drivers only come into play for the device that needs drivers.

So in the case of a USB controller, either the controller will work, or it won’t.
Devices that are not “standard” USB profiles (USB Mass Storage, USB Floppy drive, USB Optical drive), like scanners, printers, etc will need a 64-bit driver for 64-bit Windows.

There are some ways to get around some situations, but it’s long and convoluted… involving USB sharing and virtual 32-bit machines. :slight_smile:

thanks bhiga, i had some more questions but not really usb3 topic (though related) - will make a new post

ok finally made the post :slight_smile:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=10170

would appreciate any help there when possible :slight_smile:

Let’s Make Points Fair, Even though We Bankrupt All people

You’ll often come across “prosperity” right after “progressivism.” That is, if by “always locate,” you will be referring to seeking these two words up from the dictionary. Inside the real planet, obviously, it turns out to be just the opposite… and subversives in our culture, from those who personal a company to individuals that help one-percenters like Mitt Romney, normally appear to fall all more than themselves pointing this out.

But that is just because coach bags they are stuck from the failed considering of the past, and they just do not get the extraordinary awesomeness from the type of progressivism favored by our president. These bitter clingers hold warning that our super-smart leaders can’t make collective statism do the job; but they are only saying that for the reason that nobody ever has.

We have had this “alternative minimal tax” in America for years, and it was marketed since the “millionaire’s tax” that would lastly hold men and women from acquiring away with insane capers like generating a bunch of cash and retaining it. The AMT was a step within the proper route, but the president knows we have to go even more. So he’s out campaign - er, inspiring assistance for any new surtax around the wealthy recognized affectionately as “The Buffet Rule.”

The Buffet Rule is named for Warren Buffet, a bazillionaire who allegedly pays less tax than does his secretary, who only helps make some multiples Cheap Jordans of what you make but not almost what Warren tends to make. In fact, Warren does not make any “income,” per se… his earnings are all capital gains, which are taxed at a decrease price than is income, but that’s not the point. And actually, Warren has an exceptional tax bill in the seven-figure-plus range that he’s suing to maintain from paying, but that’s also not the point. And basically, in the event the president gets his Buffet Rule by the obstructionist Republican Congress, it’ll only raise about five billion bucks (which would run the big-spending federal government for about nine hours, and do nothing at all to reduce our deficit), but which is ALSO not the point.

Articles from:http://www.nikeairmaxsalesus.com/
http://www.4lo-lukow.pl.pl/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=98617
http://ruswarez.org/user/eminuifiermaw/