Drobo

Upgrade to v1.1.2 failed

I have a 2nd Gen Drobo with a DroboShare. I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the DroboShare to v1.1.2 and it failed with a message saying contact customer support. I was running an older version of the Drobo Dashboard and Drobo firmware at the time I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the DroboShare. I have since upgraded the Drobo DashBoard to 1.5.1 and the Drobo Firmware to 1.3.3. But the problem I am having is that ever since the DroboShare failed to upgrade now the DroboShare doesn’t work at all.

I have now reset the DroboShare settings and I am trying to get it to connect/resynch back up with the Drobo DashBoard and it will not. The ONLY way I am able to mount my Drobo is via FW800 cable.

How can I resolve this issue?

Please contact Technical Support to open a case.

What kind SLA’s do you guys provide on your open support cases? I haven’t heard a damn thing in 2 days.

We work the cases in case order number.
What is your case number?

Case #00037998

Was there a resolution to this? I seem to have a similar problem with my drobo/droboshare setup

I’m running dashboard 1.5.1 (on Windows7) and managed to successfully upgrade the drobo from 1.3.0 to 1.3.5

When I tried to upgrade the droboshare from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 I got an error message saying that it couldn’t download the update (though there is a tds file in the Updates folder)

Now the dashboard doesn’t see the drobo via the droboshare, only when it is connected directly to the pc via USB

I’ve tried resetting the droboshare but that hasn’t helped.

I’ve just submitted an online technical support request…

The droboshare was replaced.