Drobo

Upgrade Dashboard or firmware first?

I have a Drobo 2nd gen, with three WD Green 1 TB drives. It is connected via FW800 to a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8.

The Drobo has firmware 1.3.0 and I’m using Drobo Dashboard 1.5.1. I’m planning to upgrade my Mac to Snow Leopard in the next week, and I figured I should upgrade my Drobo stuff beforehand.

The latest firmware appears to be 1.3.5, and the latest Dashboard appears to be 1.6.6. Should I upgrade to the latest Dashboard first, and then upgrade the firmware? Or the other way around?

Naturally, I’ll be doing a full backup of the Drobo to another drive before upgrading anything.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

upgrade dashboard first

ARGH i HATE this forum.

why cant i post more than every 60 seconds? im a relatively quick typer, i replied to one thread… came here. wrote a reply… and now im having to wait (rant). i HATE smart assed programmers who think they know better than users

Thanks for the reply. I upgraded Dashboard first, then the firmware. Dashboard was unable to upgrade the firmware the first time, so I downloaded it manually and opened the disk image, then let Dashboard try to upgrade it again. Not sure whether it was just the second try or if having the disk image mounted fixed it, but the upgrade went smoothly.

Hopefully I’m ready for Snow Leopard now.

Just make sure your drobo is not attached when you update to Snow Leopard.