Drobo

Updated version of fuppes?

I just bought my drobo fs and I’ve had 2 days of headaches since. The main thing I want to do is stream movies to my xbox 360. I have over 3000 files in my media library.

Is there an updated version of fuppes that works better than the one downloaded from drobo which claims 2008?

Thanks!

Dave

Just a quick update.

The Current stable version of fuppes is 660
The 2009 release of fuppes was 640
The release Drobo is using is 578 from 2007

I have been trying to get a linux environment going to cross-compile fuppes but I’ve reached the end of my rope. I don’t care about developing apps for Drobo. I don’t want to spend a couple weeks getting this to work. I want Drobo to update the applications that they use to market their product with and I don’t think that is an unreasonable request.

Just a quick update.

The Current stable version of fuppes is 660
The 2009 release of fuppes was 640
The release Drobo is using is 578 from 2007

I have been trying to get a linux environment going to cross-compile fuppes but I’ve reached the end of my rope. I don’t care about developing apps for Drobo. I don’t want to spend a couple weeks getting this to work. I want Drobo to update the applications that they use to market their product with and I don’t think that is an unreasonable request.

I agree. If I had known the issues I would be having with media streaming, I would have purchased a different NAS solution…

Drobo FS + Boxee Box = Awesome… Forget fuppes.

Well, not totally awesome. The Boxee Box has it’s issues, but it has been for the most part great for local content. The real nice thing is not having to decompress videos and I haven’t run into anything it couldn’t play yet. Wish I had this combo before.

Can Boxee Box work when your computer is off?

Does it just browse the file system through CIFS?

Either that or DroboFS + WDTV Live. Those puppies stream directly over SMB/CIFS, and play 1080p without breaking a sweat.

(And yes, the FS is fast enough to stream HD just fine)

For anyone looking for an updated version of fuppes, please read this thread.

man afetr reading that thread, I have a headache. Someone please get the fs to stream mkv and other video to the 360 without have to compile scripts.[hr]
drobo fs can stream directly to the wd live without the computer being on?

Yes.

smb and afp I believe.

[quote=“davesbrain, post:7, topic:2285”]
Does it just browse the file system through CIFS?
[/quote][hr]

The Boxee Box is a stand alone set top box made by d-link. There is also just the Boxee software you could use for free, but you would have to have your computer running/connected to your tv.

FYI, the latest version of fuppes can be found on the developers forum.