Drobo

unfsd and privileges

Hi, I installed UNFSD on my Drobo FS, here’s my exports file:

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Nadine/movies 192.168.0.0/24 (rw,no_root_squash)

I can connect to it either with OSX and my Media Player (PlayOn! HD Mini2) but all the files are not accessible, I get a “you don’t have the privileges to access files”.
Any idea? Thanks. :[

Since everything on the DroboFS is owned by root, you’ll have better luck forcing NFS to treat all connections as such:

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Nadine/movies 192.168.0.0/24 (rw,all_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

Thanks for your answer, Diamondsw. I didn’t say but I’ve tried it too. The strange thing is that, after a few minutes, I was able to access to NFS with my configuration. mysteries of technology. :]

Well, I run my NFS exports using a configuration similar to this:

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Public 192.168.0.0/16(rw,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99)

The main difference is that all accesses are mapped to the “nobody” account, which shouldn’t be able to mess any system files. To make this work, however, you have to change at least the group (and preferably also the owner) of all files in the share to “nobody”.

(Don’t let the “insecure” parameter scare you - it just means that I allow NFS clients originating from a port above 1024 to access my shares)

If you have created several users, then things get a bit more complicated, but it should also be doable.