Drobo

TrustedDataSCSIDriver error on clean Snow Leopard Install

I wiped my iMac hard drive and performed a clean install of Snow Leopard. After installing OS updates and the iLife and iWork suites, I installed the latest Drobo Dashboard. I received an error stating:

System extension cannot be used
The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/TrustedDataSCSIDriver.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

I’m using a Drobo v2, via its FW800 connection. I would guess this extension is related to the DroboPro, since I’ve read issues related to running the iSCSI connector and the Control Panel.

Any suggestions? I haven’t connected my Drobo yet. Should I ignore it or do I need to reinstall?[hr]
I just had the thought that I may have had the control panel up when I did the Dashboard installation. I’ve read that the control panel can run in both 64-bit and 32-bit mode, depending on the panel that is displayed. Perhaps the control panel was running in 64-bit mode, and the Dashboard kext couldn’t install. I’ll probably try to reinstall and see what happens. I’ve had good luck with my Drobo, and am just a bit nervous that I’ll somehow Jinx it.

After trying to reinstall Drobo Dashboard I am too getting this error. My Drobo will NOT mount after the 1.35 Firmware update. Its recognized but says the file system is not recognized and or corrupt.

“System extension cannot be used
The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/TrustedDataSCSIDriver.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.”

Upon Connecting Drobo I get a: You have inserted a Disk Not Recognized to Mac OS X, Do you want to: Ignore Initialize or Eject it?

I am starting to think this is the root of the issue I am having.

I am going to boot up into windows and see if my Drobo is Recognized there.

Edit: After booting into windows I receive the same error. Unrecognized format (I have MacDrive on my PC partition and it recognizes HFS+ fine)

The issue must be the firmware update and not a driver one for me personally.

I successfully reinstalled drobo dashboard, making sure that System Preferences was not running. However, I have not plugged my Drobo in yet, which may have been a good thing. For a couple of days, through some reboots, miscellaneous applications would lock up – like Finder, or my Network System Preference pane when I changed network settings. All I’ve been able to find thus far is that I received Firewire errors in my system logs. I didn’t have my Drobo plugged in at the time, but I was using my miniStack in the FW port.

The Apple discussions page has a lot of chatter about similar FW issues. Until I see this FW issue stabilize, I’m probably not plugging in my Drobo.

This issue is being covered more extensively here, will be trying out Vasbine’s solution:

http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=255&page=1