Drobo

stgt on DroboPro FS?

Any one able to get stgt running on a DroboPro b800fs? I’ve installed perl and stgt, setup my sparse file and target config. But when starting stgt it logs this error:

Command:
tgtadm -C 0 --lld iscsi --op new --mode target --tid 1 -T iqn.2011-12.drobofs:test
exited with code: 16777215.

Any help or hints would be great. Thanks!

I’m surprised that you get at least an error message, given that the stgt DroboApp was made for the DroboFS, not the B800FS…

I’ll take that as, “It wasn’t ported for that hardware, sorry can’t help you.”

Edit: Sorry, I don’t mean to be shitty, I’m mostly upset that I bought the b800fs in the first place. The DroboSync looked promising and the iSCSI didn’t have it. Kicking myself now.

I would have answered that if I knew what kind of hardware the B800FS is… :slight_smile:

Someone mentioned somewhere else in the forums that they manage to run some DroboApps on their DroboPro FS, so I guess that at least at some level they are compatible.

How about this: try to install the OpenSSH DroboApp on your B800 FS and let’s see if it runs at all. If it does, then it is most likely that the B800 FS and the DroboFS not only are compatible, but they are probably the exact same platform.

I will give that a try and get back with you. Thank you very much.

FYI:

uname -a

Linux B800fs01mi 2.6.22.18 #1 Fri Dec 2 13:55:52 PST 2011 armv5tejl GNU/Linux

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 0 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 1199.30
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 0
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 32768
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 256
D size : 32768
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 256

Hardware : Feroceon-MV78XX0
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

openssh-5.9p1

Does not run… boo…

Scratch that… Yes it does! Yay?!

Well, would you look at that… the DroboPro FS has exactly the same CPU as the FS. Can I ask you to report the output of “free”? I wonder how much RAM it comes with.

free

total         used         free       shared      buffers

Mem: 188968 174340 14628 0 23216
Swap: 262136 0 262136
Total: 451104 174340 276764

I took a peek inside, hoping they might have used standard DDR3 or something like that, but no luck, it’s all built on the board.

Interesting. So, to summarize, to B800 FS is basically an overclocked DroboFS (800 MHz to 1.2 GHz) with 3 more drive bays. DRI didn’t even bother to put more memory in it… disappointing.

Like I said on another thread, I wonder how hard it would be to replace the memory chip on the board. Something like this guy did on his XBox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EUAEtri3h0

Anyway, stgt should work on your B800FS. What do the logs say?

The stgt.log says nothing but the original message I posted. Are there other logs I should be looking at?

ls -l shows tcp listening at 0.0.0.0:3260

I’d say it appears to be running, it just doesn’t seem to setup the target properly. Here’s the code for that.

<target iqn.2011-12.drobofs:test> backing-store /mnt/DroboFS1/Shares/iscsi/disk01 </target>

A bit of googling indicates that this specific error code indicates that there is something wrong with the PATH used by perl.

Have a look here: http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=191438

This one seems to indicate a way to fix it: http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=328382

TL;DR: Try to explicitly set a PATH variable like:

export PATH=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/perl/bin:/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

same same… :-/

export PATH=/mnt/Drob/oFS/Shares/DroboApps/perl/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/openssh/bin

Just saw the typo in the path… will try again…

Nope, still broke… Same error…[hr]

Got it!!! It is path related. Added path to /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/stgt/sbin instead of perl bin. Starts and stops as it should. :slight_smile:

Another update:

Connected my XP box with MS iSCSI initiator to a 200G drive, formatted, and did some speed tests with NAS_Tester.

Average write on 100MB file = 23MB/sec
Average read on 100MB file = 117MB/sec

All this connected via Gbit switch over at least 100ft of copper. Weeeee! Can’t wait to see how it runs directly connected.

Interesting. I’ll probably have to update the scripts to make sure PATH is set correctly. Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

No no, thank YOU for the port! I’ve added the following to /etc/profile for now.

export PATH=$PATH:/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/stgt/sbin

Edit:
Yeah… that’s not getting it after a reboot, still need to ssh and restart the service manually.

New version is out: http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8174