Last night I noticed that mysql on my FS would not respond to queries. I could however still browse the filesystem on the drobo, so I assumed this was just a problem with mysql crashing for some reason.
I then rebooted the drobo (from the control panel), and soon discovered that something was terribly wrong.
The first thing I noticed was that all bay lights were green (I am a little low on disk space, so I was expecting one to be yellow, as it has been for a few days). Going into the control panel again, I saw the message “Internal error - contact drobo support”, and under advanced controls, the drobo claimed I was only using 20 mb and had about 8 TB of free space. I tried “hard rebooting” via the switch on the back, this took quite a while, but I still got the same message - however the yellow light was back on.
I did the file system check as described, this took about 8 hours. The drobo then said “File system repair complete. Please contact drobo support.” Under advanced controls, I could now also see that used/free space was back to normal (about 7.4 TB used, 740 mb free). Encouraged by this message, I did a new reboot, and got a new message, “Mount failed - drobo detected an internal error. contact drobo support” and used/free had now changed to 1.5 TB / 6.5 TB).
I did the repair procedure once more (this time it ran for just a few minutes), and the numbers changed back to normal, however the “Mount failed” message persists (did not change to repair complete this time). I have not touched the drobo since.
The drobo responds to ping.
It does not respond to SMB or SSH (OpenSSH).
Dashboard version 1.7.3
Recent changes: swapped 2x1.5 TB drives for 2x3 TB drives (WD Green) about two weeks ago.
My clients are windows and ios-based.
Edit: I should add that I have two Drobo FS’s, bought at the same time, and with the same firmware and droboapps installed. The other one is working just fine, however, it does not have any 3 TB disks.