Drobo

Slooooobo.

Its pretty disappointing that we can only get 25-30meg/sec out of this thing. Any plans for performance improvments. I am using this in vmware and there is no way it can support the number of hosts that are advertised.

I’m still trying to get our 1st B800i to test drive how much performance improvement of this 2nd Elite which costs almost 20% more but I’m sure we are getting faster than 25-30Mbps. In fact, our Veeam B&R reports 60Mbps but that’s w/ CBT (Change Block Tracking).

Guys - Have you tried the 2.0.2 firmware yet? Has specific performance enhancements.

Jim
Drobo

according to the dashboard I’m on the latest Elite firmware. 1.1

Hi Jim,
Didn’t notice any difference except the 3TB supports and Vista Sp1 fixed. The release note mentioned “improve performance of the B800i only”. Does it apply to the Elite?

Neil - Auto-update goes out tomorrow, but you can do a manual upgrade now.

Rambo - Most of the software performance enhancements have centered around transactional intensive apps (i.e. VMware, Exchange, etc.). If you are using either of those, you should notice a definite boost. The B800i also has faster processor, so the improvements will be more pronounced.

Jim
Drobo