Drobo

Sleep/wake question

So I had my Drobo and DroboPro daisy chained to my MacBook Pro and just left that on 24/7.

I recently sold the MacBook Pro and bought a MacPro, which due to the higher energy usage I put to sleep now when I leave for any extended time period.

I assume I can just switch my user back to the login screen put the computer to sleep, the Drobos go to sleep and that’s fine, right? I don’t put them to sleep or anything through the Dashboard first. Is this sleep/wake cycle which may happen 2-3 times a day fine?

Thanks.

yes. I used to do this with a Drobo/Macmini combination.

I don’t recall why, but previously sleep didn’t work well on my Mac Pro,and I hadn’t tried it for a long time. Now, with Snow Leopard and the DroboPro, it seems to work OK. I haven’t specifically tested this, but I think you will need to be logged onto the account where Dashboard was last installed, in order to get the iSCSI initiator to fire off and the DroboPro to come up.

I haven’t tried it with my Mac mini, to which my V1 and V2 Drobos are attached.

YOu said, "I assume I can just switch my user back to the login screen put the computer to sleep, the Drobos go to sleep and that’s fine, right? "

I’m not using the power button to on the Mac Pro to put it to sleep, I’m using the menu option on the Apple (upper left). And I haven’t tried it while it was obviously in the middle of doing something, so I can’t speak to the data integrity in that case.

Do try that, and let us know if it works! :slight_smile: