Sick Beard "Official" App Update Issue

So I did a fresh install of the “official” Sick Beard app from Drobo Dashboard and noticed it was alpha development so I switched back to alpha master (don’t think i’m ready to be that bleeding edge) Anyway I couldn’t update either one with GIT I receive the following error.

2014-04-07 05:41:29 CP Server Thread-6 :: "/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/sickbeard/bin/git" pull origin master returned : /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-pull: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: line 100: basename: not found
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-pull: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: line 100: sed: not found
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-pull: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-sh-setup: line 255: uname: not found
From git://
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-pull: line 244: sed: not found
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/git/libexec/git-core/git-pull: line 244: tr: not found
There are no candidates for merging among the refs that you just fetched.
Generally this means that you provided a wildcard refspec which had no
matches on the remote end.

My guess is that now since Sick Beard is running as root it’s a PATH variable issue but I defer to those here that probably know better than I.
I had a shell script that Sick Beard executes after processing and I had to update it to have full qualified paths to make it work with the “official” Sick Beard app, so that is why I suspect a path issue.

I tried both the GIT that is in the sickbeard/bin folder and the standalone I installed in droboapps/git. Same result, interestingly enough the above error is from the GIT included with Sick Beard but then seems to start using the standalone GIT install.

But before I go in and start tinkering with “git-sh-setup” and loading it up with full paths I wanted to check with those that know.

I also expect CouchPotato to run into the same issue.

I’m almost sure it’s a PATH issue. The question is how did your PATH variable get mangled. Have you changed

I’m not sure how it got so mangled. I haven’t made any changes to the file I removed the previous sickbeard install before installing from the Dashboard. The only modification I did was from DroboPorts to add DroboApps to the PATH variable and that mod was made a long time ago and worked per the instructions never had an issues until now.

My suggestion is restart from scratch, making sure that you really killed all the sickbeard processes. You are probably gonna need SSH access for that.

I’ll do that and see what happens.[hr]
On a side note the PATH var seems correct when I am SSH’d in as root and runs shell scripts under said user correctly when calling things like stat and find.[hr]
This is what the new looks like.

# SickBeard service

. /etc/service.subr

prog_dir=`dirname \`realpath $0\``

description="Internet PVR for your TV Shows"



_create_config() {
  if [ ! -f "${conffile}" ]; then
    cp "${conffile}.default" "${conffile}" 1>> "${logfile}" 2>&1

start() {
  ln -fs "/tmp/DroboApps/${name}/sabnzbd.log" "${logfile}"
  rm "${pidfile}" 2> /dev/null
  PATH="${prog_dir}/bin" PYTHONPATH="${pypath}" ${python} ${prog_dir}/app/ --datadir ${datadir} --pidfile "${pidfile}" --daemon 1>> "${logfile}" 2>&1

case "$1" in
  start)   start_service ;;
  stop)    stop_service ;;
  restart) stop_service ; sleep 3 ; start_service ;;
  status)  status ;;
  *) echo "Usage: $0 [start|stop|restart|status]" ; exit 1 ;;

Please have a look at this thread:

Such a little change such a problem, I’ll try this evening. Thank you!