Drobo

Running WordPress Server?

Is anyone working on porting MySQL to the Drobo FS? From what i can gather it is the only thing missing from allowing Wordpress and other such things from running on the Drobo FS.

Thanks!

Anybody be able to help me? Im looking to get MySQL installed on the DroboFS.

Here is the thing about the Drobo…

I have not had one long but from what I can tell is it runs a version of BusyBox linux I think which is an running on an ARM based CPU. As far as I know there is no easy mysql build for ARM based systems short of compiling it for cross platforms.

Doing a quick search, I see people trying to compile mysql for ARM, but haven’t found any binary or successful instructions.

Have you ever tried using WordPress with SQLLite? I found instructions for cross compiling SQLLite for ARM as well as some binaries, but not sure if the binaries are compatible with the Drobo hardware. I don’t use wordpress but see some details for this type of install, but I don’t know if this option is really viable or not ?

[quote=“j_hah, post:4, topic:1474”]Have you ever tried using WordPress with SQLLite? I found instructions for cross compiling SQLLite for ARM as well as some binaries, but not sure if the binaries are compatible with the Drobo hardware. I don’t use wordpress but see some details for this type of install, but I don’t know if this option is really viable or not ?
[/quote]
I haven’t tried it, but a quick search came up with this SQLite Wordpress Which seems to convert Wordpress to work with SQLite and is working using the newest version of WordPress.

If you are able to provide me with SQLite compiled for the Drobo FS I can give it a whirl and much appreciate it. Currently my Drobo is out of commission (tech support isn’t even sure whats going on but they tell me my Data is safe and they are shipping me another Drobo FS), so i can’t attempt anything at the moment.

I will tinker around with it, but no promises. Personally Why would you run wordpress off a drobo? Hosting is very cheap nowadays for a virtual solution.

Why spend money when it can be done for free? I work from home and company pays for internet, which is FTTH. Currently I have Wordpress and torrentflux-b4rt running on a old Buffalo Gigabit Linkstation that is hacked to be running debian and it runs great and they hardware on the buffalo is nothing compared to the drobo, hell the drive in it is even IDE.

If you are still interested in trying this out and need sqlite for the Drobo FS, then send me a PM? I have the latest sqlite built and can post it for you.

I have tried to follow your instructions to use sqlite for wordpress on my Drobo FS. When running the wp-admin/install.php scrip, I am told the server dropped the database connection. It may be because I have not put anything for db_password and db_user, as I was was unable to find out how to create a user in sqlite. I have created a db (named wordpress). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

sqlite databases don’t have username/passwords because they are databases embedded into an application. I don’t know anything about wordpress, but based on a quick google search it appears to require some manual changes to the wordpress code/config. The default install process may not work.