I’ve connected a new Drobo-S to my workstation via eSATA, and the sequential read/write performance is roughly 1/3rd that of the same drive hooked up to the same workstation via a generic eSATA dock.
That is, I’m getting ~ 24 MB/sec sequential read performance from the Drobo-S, but 79 MB/sec from the same drive when connected to a a generic eSATA dock.
- Firmware 2.0.1
- Two Western Digital WD10000CSRTL ‘Green’ drives
- Single drive redundancy
- 8 TB LUN (configured with drobo-utils .6.2.2 via ‘drobom setlunsize 8’)
- Intel 82801JI SATA chipset
- EXT3 (created with ‘mke2fs -j -i 262144 -O sparse_super,^resize_inode’)
- Linux kernel 2.6.31-14-server
I love everything else about the Drobo-S, but the current performance is an unfortunate deal breaker.
Any thoughts or suggestions?