Drobo

Replacing Bad Drive

I replaced a bad drive on my drobo(4 slot) usb. It continued to blink red after and the drobo advance controls showed the new drive but it was in red and said replace this bad drive. ( it never seemed to go into relay mode)

After finding some info on drobo I put the drobo in standby and shut it down switch out the new bad drive for one of the existing good drives. Then rebooted. The new drive in the new position is now blinking red and the advanced controls says the same message but in the new slot.

Can someone confirm that this definately means the new 3T drive is bad?

Thanks,

B

R U sure the 3TB drives are now being supported on the Drobo 2nd Gen? Did U upgrade the firmware (if released) that fully supports any drives > 2TB.

Thanks for replying…
The Advance Controls says firmware is up to date when I search for updates

The version is 1.37…

I checked on Drobo’s (dashboard help) site prior and I am on it again now, It says:

“All drobo products use 3.5 Sata hd from any manufacuter of any capacity.”

Is this not true?

Thanks for any help.

B

Did you read that here?
Because you need to read the entire page.
As of today, none of the Drobo 4Bay will support a 3TB disk. There are two 4Bay drobo and only the Second model, Drobo v2, is slated for a firmware upgrade to support 3TB and higher. Remove your 3ZTB disk, it won’t work as of today.[hr]

BTW, the advance controls alway seems to say that it is up to date. You have to go to the Drobo site and find the real updates.

[quote=“yoyoma, post:4, topic:2833”]

Did you read that here?
Because you need to read the entire page.
As of today, none of the Drobo 4Bay will support a 3TB disk. There are two 4Bay drobo and only the Second model, Drobo v2, is slated for a firmware upgrade to support 3TB and higher. Remove your 3ZTB disk, it won’t work as of today.[hr]

BTW, the advance controls alway seems to say that it is up to date. You have to go to the Drobo site and find the real updates.
[/quote][hr]
Thanks for your reply,

I read it here: http://dashboardhelp.datarobotics.com/170/en/mac/addingnew_capacity_to_your_drobo_help.htm

I just found the info you are referring to…(wasted a whole night playing with this thing)

So the firmware update do you think I should wait till after I get the drives straightened out? I am going back to bb and exchanging the 3T for 2 2T.

My thought is wait to update?

B

The firmware you need isn’t available. If you need to replace the failed drive right now then you need to use a drive of 2TB or less. Once the firmware is available (“really soon” according to Drobo, whatever that means) then you can update the firmware with the current drives in it.

When you have a clean update then you can start using 3TB drives.

I am waiting for the update, myself. DRI is promising that it will be out V-E-R-Y soon. We have been waiting awhile, but they persist in telling us that it will be here soon. I would hold onto the 3TB drives and set them aside until the new firmware comes.
If you have a failing drive right now in the Drobo that is a 2TB or smaller and you need to get it replaced, then you will need to return your 3TB for a 2TB as suggested, or purchase a new 2TB if you can afford it.

That link doesn’t work. Just to document for fellow forum users I did find a similar claim in the original press release back on June 5th, 2007.

http://www.drobo.com/news/pr/press_release_2007_06_05.php

Drobo is a small, striking black desktop system that connects via any USB 2.0 port on your Mac or Windows PC. Under its magnetically-attached faceplate are four bays that can accept any brand, size, speed or capacity mix of standard 3.5" SATA internal hard drives (sold separately and available at most electronics stores). Drives just slide in without requiring any tools or carriers.

[quote=“bridgett_thompson, post:5, topic:2833”]

The >2TB-supporting firmware for the Drobo v2 (Gen 2) units has pushed back a number of months from the original projected release. While KevinE has confirmed that it is in testing and will be released, it could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be Halloween, it could be Christmas… so I advise against leaving a drive sitting around “for later” - I’ve done that far too often with technology in the past, and all my “later” stuff just depreciated to oblivion.

If you got the 3TB drive for a great deal, then consider hanging on to it.

If you have another use for the 3TB drive in the meantime (USB/eSATA dock, external case, etc), then consider hanging on to it.

But if you can return the 3TB drive and get a 2TB drive instead, without incurring significant penalty and/or restocking fees, I would do so.

BTW, if “going back to bb” means going back to Best Buy, they still have the 2TB WD Caviar Green drives on sale this week - SKU 9234465 $98.99.

Yes, their marketing clearly says that drives larger than 2TB will work in a 4-bay Drobo.
The reality is that they don’t. Drobo promises to give us a firmware update so that Drobo v2 can support 3TB, 4TB, and larger drives. Each estimated date in the past has been wrong, so now they’re just trying to get it finished as soon as they can and aren’t promising a specific date.
Drobo v1 owners are invited to do something immoral to a duck.

Some of the saga is covered in this thread: http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2416