Drobo

Reestablishing contact with dashboard

Other than rebooting, I was wondering if there was a way to get the drobo fs to reconnect with dashboard? I have backups going on and would rather not reboot.

Perhaps there is a process on the drobo fs, that is listening for incoming connection from the dashboard, and maybe via ssh I could send it a SIGHUP or something would make it wake up?

Anyone got any ideas?

As far as I’ve been able to tell, the issues with Drobo Dashboard not connecting to the DroboFS are client-side, not anything on the Drobo itself. In my experience, whenever one computer on my LAN can’t “see” the DroboFS, others can.

As I posted on another thread, if you’re on a Mac you can restart the underlying services that allow Drobo Dashboard to connect (works for me, your mileage may vary). I’m sure you can do something similar with Windows services, but as I don’t have a Windows machine to try that on, I can’t say.

In the terminal, run:

sudo launchctl stop com.datarobotics.ddserviced sudo launchctl stop com.datarobotics.ddservice64d sudo launchctl start com.datarobotics.ddserviced sudo launchctl start com.datarobotics.ddservice64d

Wait a few seconds for it to finish starting up, then try running the Dashboard again.

That did the trick, thanks!