Drobo

Red or Yellow Flashing Lights

The support tickets are not helping. I have a four bay Drobo, for about a month I had one light in the bottom bay red. I needed a new drive. I don’t use this one much and have not added to it in awhile. I recently got a 6T drive to replace the 4T that was bad. Pulled the drive and inserted it as I have before, It was still mounted and I could see everything, It started flashing green and I think ( red or yellow and it became unmounted). It has been flashing for two weeks and I don’t want to shut it down. I know if it is green/yellow it is building but if it is red and green what is the next step?

Which 4 bay product?
Some of the older ones don’t support and/or aren’t tested with 6TB drives, see second table here
Also which new drive? Anything using 4k native sectors is unsupported, & drives using SMR recording technology are at best “Problematic”.

Dropping in & out of contact with dashboard isn’t that unusual during a rebuild, all kinds of crazy stuff happens to some people with SMR drives installed.

I can’t turn much up for a red/green combo other than at this site & I’m not sure I trust that information, you may need to actually wait for support to get back to you.

Thanks for your note. It is an older model about 2013. I have not done anything yet. I was wondering if I should pull the 6TB drive I replaced and put in a 4TB drive instead.

I’m afraid I can’t tell you the answer, but I’d be hesitant to do anything till I’d heard from support.

Thanks for your important info. I will reach out to support.