Drobo

php-5.3.6 droboport missing session support

I’m a total noob but after hours and hours of researching this stuff, I think I’m starting to grasp concepts.

From what I’ve read, session support is enabled in PHP by default. Wondering if there’s an extra trick with cross-compiling. From reading Ricardo’s comment below, I’m thinking there might be?

I can see the session extensions in the folder…
/mnt/Drobo-FS/Shares/DroboApps/php/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/

and there’s no “–disable-session” in the compile. I do have session parameters listed in my php.ini file but when I run phpinfo(), I don’t see anything relating to session support. Am I missing something else in some other .conf or .ini file?

I’m running lighttpd/1.4.29 on Drobo-FS 2.6.22.18.

Thanks,
~Frank

Close, but no cigar. The DroboPorts version of PHP does contain support for sessions, but you have to enable it. What you want is to change your php.ini file. More specifically /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/php/etc/php.ini and make sure that it contains a line “extension=session.so”, like this:

error_log=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/php/var/log/error.log extension=json.so extension=session.so date.timezone="Europe/Zurich"
*: This is my current php.ini

Seriously, thank you. I spent hours trying to figure out all the pieces before posting and really hoped it wouldn’t be something so simple but alas, it was quite the learning experience.

Ricardo, I appreciate everything you’ve done and posted.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

I’ve hit another brick wall trying to enable gd. Is there documentation somewhere to figure this out?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ops, I think that the DroboPorts version does not have gd. That meant a whole bunch of extra dependencies that I was too lazy to include (libjpeg, libpng, etc).