Earlier I posted a message here about my Drobo performing volume changes for over 45 minutes - a task which normally takes approx 2 minutes.
I deleted the post here because it finished. Or so I thought.
When I went back to the Dashboard, the job had finished, but I could not click on Manage Volumes - nothing happened.
So I rebooted my host - a Windows 2008R2 server.
Upon reboot, the Drobo connected but showed less space was taken up than before - as if data was missing.
I couldn’t use Windows Explorer to view the drive - it hung ever time I tried.
So I rebooted the 2008 R2 host, again.
While rebooting, the drobo didn’t do it’s normal thing of clearing all the lights as if not connected to a host.
When the 2008 server came back up - it could not connect to the Drobo.
So, as I’ve had before, I had absolutely no way of managing the Drobo - it was in a “hung” state, thinking it was connected to the host, when in fact, it wasn’t.
I’ve had to power off the Drobo. This is really not good enough - there should be a better option than the dashboard!
I’m now waiting for it to come back up completely to see if I have any further issues.
All up, this has been a painful situation which should have taken a few minutes![hr][hr]
It is currently saying it’s connected to my host - dashboard has a green pie chart.
I can’t connect to the drive though, and the dashboard just hangs.
I am completely at a loss - I can’t get any information from the Drobo at-all.
Windows 2008 event log says the drive may have errors and to run chkdsk.
To recap - ALL I DID WAS DELETE AN UNUSED VOLUME ON THE DROBO!
This is absolutely ridiculous!