I hope someone can help.
I have been using my Drobo S for almost a year now. It has been working flawlessly with one 2TB and three 1TBs installed. I have been using it on my old MBP with eSATA, then had to switch to FW800 when I got my new iMac. Things kept working fine. Performance was as expected under FW800. A few days ago, I tried accessing a folder that I backed up everything from my old laptop in. It has thousands of files. That’s all I did or all the details I can give about the events before the problem happened. Since then, performance has been extremely slow compared to any point before. Slower than USB. I cannot even begin understanding why or how to fix this. PLEASE help. My work depends on this machine.
Here is what I did to try to fix it, if it comes of any assistance:
- Tried USB 2 instead of FW800, tried each on different ports.
- Used on a physical Windows machine and an emulated one on my Mac.
- Updated my Drobo S firmware and Dashboard to latest firmware and update.
- Disconnected cables from Drobo and iMac after shutting down both for a few minutes.
- Checked if Drobo is full. Not at all.
- Disabled spotlight indexing.
- Contacted support, awaiting their response.