I’ve been running with Drobo 5D for a few years on Win7 (recently upgraded to Win10). I finally decided to go all Mac, and would like to migrate the Drobo to HFS+. A few questions to the knowledgable:
- Is it possible to simply disconnect the USB3 from the PC and reconnect the Thunderbolt2 to the Mac (iMac 27" running El Capitan? That would be too easy I assume, but I figured I’d ask…
- If #1 is not possible, would connecting the Drobo as detailed above give me read-only access to the Drobo from the Mac, or would the Drobo require initialization to be recognized by the Mac?
- Providing format conversion is required, would the best way be backing up the Drobo on external HDD’s, connecting it to the Mac, initializing the volume, connecting the external drives and copying everything over?
- Are there any known issues running the 5D on OSX El Capitan via Thunderbolt (e.g. stability, capacity limits etc)?
- If I want to daisychain the 5D to other Thunderbolt devices on the Mac, is there any best practice related to the order (e.g. 5D first/last in the chain)?
I appreciate any assistance,