Drobo

One folder disappeared from DR04DD10

I have a DR04DD10 Drobo Beyond Raid 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SATA 6GB/S Storage Array attached to a Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) (Yosemite) connected by FireWire. It has been attached for several years, no problems.

Today, I have discovered that one important folder is missing from my terabytes of space. As far as I can tell, no others are missing. It is a file I use all the time, and there are thousands of PDFs in it.

I have spotlight searched for the folder name, and various file names that would be inside it (in the event that the folder name had changed). Also checked the Mac’s trash. There are files in the trash that are from earlier than when the folder went missing.

At this point, I have no idea what to do about this. Any help would be excellent. I’m hoping that the Drobo has its own trash, or that there is some sort of partition that it slipped into. No ideas.

It is out of warranty, so they can’t offer phone support, so this forum is my only real chance of recovery at this point. I hope you all might have some ideas.

One thought: A few months ago, I swapped out a drive that had grown too small. Is there anything I can do with that in order to have access to an older instance of the folder?

Thanks,
Rick

hi am just linking to your recent related thread:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=144459