Drobo

One DroboShare - One Drobo

Platform: OS Vista 64 - Drobo v2 - Dashboard 1.6.1 - Drobo Firmware 1.3.5 - DroboShare Firmware 1.1.2

I knew I was not crazy!

I while back I formated what I thought was one Drobo, only to find out the wrong Drobo got formated. I removed the dual Drobo set up, and am running only one unit on the DroboShare.

Now, now, once again my Drobo on the ethernet, DroboShare comes up as Drive [X] and Drive [Y]. What am ‘I’ doing wrong. Using Explorer, I see both letters assigned to the same Drobo unit.

Furthermore, I NEVER had a drive [Y], but only an [X], formerly Dashboard saw an [X], now it’s seeing a [Y], but no [X], however explorer can read/write on [X] AND [Y].

What gives?

How many drives do you have and their sizes?
What size did you format your volume to?

Can you provide a screen shot of the first screen of dashboard?
(The one with the pie chart.)

[quote=“Jennifer, post:2, topic:729”]
How many drives do you have and their sizes?

  • 4 drives, each 1 tb WD Green units

What size did you format your volume to?

  • 4 tb NTFS

Can you provide a screen shot of the first screen of dashboard?

Yes. How / where shuld I u/l

BTW, this occured AFTER I installed the new version of DashBoar. Before that I always had a ‘X’ drive for the ‘Drobo_NAS’

Just and FYI if anyone reads this, we deleted the extra drive letter in command prompt with net use x: /delete and rebooted the computer.

I tip my hat to Jennifer. Excellent support, good analysis and getting to the root of the problem.

I will not guess as to what happened, but at one time I did have a ‘Y’ drive [two Drobo’s on the system as ‘X’ and ‘Y’, now operating with one as ‘X’, and the ‘Y’ lurked in the background (assume the registry), and doing the Dashboard upgrade, the ‘Y’ became active along with the ‘X’, <- that is a pure guess on my part]. Anyway, THANK YOU!