Drobo

No SMB1 support...can't mount share

Can’t mount a share in my NAS. I recently built-up a new PC system and installed win 10 pro 64 bit. I have an older 810FS for a NAS that I use for backups throughout my house. Installed dashboard on my new PC build and I see and can manipulate (lights, shutdown, etc) the 810FS NAS but can’t mount any shares. I also don’t see it on the network in windows explorer. When I try to manually mount a share, I get the windows message: “You can’t connect to the file share because it’s not secure. This shre requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol. Your system requires SMB2 or higher. Then it give this MSFT link for more info.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034314/smbv1-is-not-installed-by-default-in-windows

my guess here is that drobo 810FS needs a firmware update to support the current windows 10 builds…but it shows current on it’s firmware.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

so after a little sleuthing on this…i found out all i needed to do is check the box in the “Turn Windows Features On or Off” panel to enable SMB1…bingo: problem solved. sorry the the premature post question