No more DroboApps downloads

Hello, all. Though many have already discovered this, Drobo Dashboard will no longer install DroboApps. I do not expect this to change in the foreseeable future. From my reply at Drobo APPS do not install on my 5N - #3 by chjones

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a link to the shell access info for those of us not tech savvy?

There are some good older instructions here: HowTo manually install a Drobo App

However, these still require (at least) being able to see a share on your Drobo called “DroboApps”. If you can’t see it, make sure DroboApps is enabled in Drobo Dashboard. If it’s still not visible when you connect to the Drobo using Finder, Explorer, or whatever, it’s probably hidden. I don’t know the best way around that other than to try on a different computer.

Otherwise, you may choose to go down the Google rabbit hole with terms including “DroboPorts” and “Drobo-utils”, “droboapps.sh” and more, but I would not recommend these for those who are not, as you say, “tech savvy”. Still, nobody starts out tech savvy—you can always learn by doing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Will dive in and look it over before I have to.