Drobo

New FW and Dashboard???

I’ve had my Drobo FS for like 3-4 months now and STILL no updated FW and Dashboard to fix issues like resetting passwords?

This is starting to really piss me off, sorry I have to say this but DR, you’ve sold your last hardware to me and everybody I know, I start to understand why the forum is ‘owners only’, someone should just copy paste the entire forum and post it somewhere else so people don’t fall in this trap when they do their research.

And yes, I am starting to sound like a broken record, but there is a reason why people complain …

I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but if you are resourceful enough to get SSH access enabled, I think you should be able to get your password to not reset.

The root password on my DroboFS has not been the default one through quite a few reboots now. I haven’t bothered to create several accounts, but I’m pretty sure that if I managed to get the root password to stick, then other accounts should be no different.

Again, I agree with you that this is not something that should require resourcefulness in the first place, but it does not mean that it can’t be done.