Drobo

New drobospace account activation pains

I had quite a bit of trouble getting my account activated on drobospace.com.

First of all, I use greylisting to stop most of the spam sent to my server. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like drobospace.com uses a real MTA to send it’s activation emails and it never retries the activation email. You get one delivery attempt, and one attempt only.

That wouldn’t be that big of a problem if the ‘resend activation code’ feature worked. You can log in into the freshly created account, but not do much on the site. Whenever you try to access various areas, you are offered a link to the resend activation form. Unfortunately, that functionality is currently completely broken. Any and all values entered in the email box are rejected as not valid. Even the email address used to register with originally doesn’t work.

In the end, I explicitly whitelisted the drobospace email server and registered under a new username, so for me the problem is solved. But it may prevent less technically inclined and/or stubborn drobo users from getting an account at these forums.

I just registered and the registration email from DroboSpace.com was flagged as spam by Google Mail.

So I guess it is somewhat common.

Good thing I looked at my spam folder.

Cheers,

Louis