MacBook Pro Misguided On Drobo Storage Capacity

Hi friends… I have a MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), running on OS Monterey 12.5.1. It’s connected via USB C to my Drobo 5D. Recently, it began giving a false capacity assessment on the Drobo, claiming there’s not enough storage. (I see this when doing a Command>I on the Drobo drive.) I thought it was due to the Drobo being fairly filled, so I changed and added a new drive, increasing capacity, but it’s not solved the issue. The Drobo Dashboard claims I have about 17 TB available so I know the Mac is off. I just don’t know how to remedy the problem. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

What message are you getting that you are out of space?
Do you have only 1 volume on the Drobo or do you have the Time Machine volume enabled?
If you do not have the Time Machine volume enabled, are you using Time Machine and backing up to the main volume on the Drobo?

Hi Ryder, thanks for your reply. Turns out, I had inadvertently created a second volume awhile back and despite trying to eliminate it, it remained. What happened is that volume didn’t have read & write permissions set. Once I changed that, I’m now able to start storing again. Whew!