Drobo

Limited or No Connectivity error constantly

Hi,

First of several questions…bear with me :slight_smile:

Have a DROBO Elite connected to an XP machine via Gigabit Ethernet. I left the default IP and had the Host computer set to DHCP. LInk is active, I can access the DROBO volumes from the host and from the network via Shares on the Host machine. Though everything is behaving normally, the host computer is constantly displaying the LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY for the DROBO connection. Any ideas? I disklike these 169.x.x.x autoconfig addresses, and was going to change to another reserved IP (192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x) but I don’t really think this is the source of the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Do you experience the same issue when you assign IP addresses?

Thanks for the quick reply…

I haven’t tried it yet…but if you suggest it might help, I can do so.

It would be the next logical step in troubleshooting, trying a different configuration and seeing if you can duplicate the issue.

The Limited or No Connectivity message simply means a DHCP-enabled connection was unable to obtain a DHCP-assigned addressed.

If you assign a static IP address you won’t get the error.

You could also un-check/un-tick the Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity option in the network connection’s Properties (from Network Connections control panel, not the actual adapter’s properties in Device Manager).