Drobo

iSCSI ... To be or not to be

Good morning all,

I might be doing something wrong (nothing new here) in getting my drobopro connected to my network and need assistance from one of your guru out there!

Setup (PC/Win7): Using USB, DBP was configured manually (IP) to be hooked up to a Gigabyte Switch who is hooked up to a router. [check]

When I am finish with my work, everything is power-down except the switch and when I power everything up, DBP will either be found on the network and be accessible or other it will simply turn itself off after it has stayed idle too long (which is how it is configured).

Prob: Why would the Dashboard not see the DBP (50/50)? Is there a way to bootup everything first?

Thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile:

Eric

Is ur Windows Firewall On or Off? Even if ur firewall is off, did U doublecheck ur Firewall Advanced setting under iSCSI Inbound/Outbound enable switch. If you don’t manually enable both, ur Win7 will block 3260/3261.
We can deal w/ the bootup issue after connected to DBP.[hr]
Is ur Windows Firewall On or Off? Even if ur firewall is off, did U doublecheck ur Firewall Advanced setting under iSCSI Inbound/Outbound enable switch. If you don’t manually enable both, ur Win7 will block 3260/3261.
We can deal w/ the bootup issue after connected to DBP.

interested… both were ‘off’… I have enabled the connection… i will see what happen at my next reboot!! :slight_smile: firewall was turned off since I am using a second party firewall

Again, thanks!!

Eric

What second-party firewall are you using? I hope you’re not saying Symantec Endpoint Protection - it has a nasty habit of blocking all sorts of legitimate things as “potential threats” - including Wake-on-LAN.

haha I did not want to write it down to avoid making a ‘plug’ for them… but here it is any who :
Bitdefender Internet Security 2011