Drobo

is there a nzb downloader for drobo

hi is there a app to download nzb files like nzbget for the drobo

i dont think so (which is a shame!)

Is anyone working on this?

Just thought I’d chime and and mention that I got an nzbget build running on my drobo fs today. Haven’t got around to unrar yet, but that’s next on the list.

I’ll see about getting a package together soon.

I was experimenting with nzbget as well, but I found just having it on my PC was quicker just setting the auto download from newsleecher program I have to the drobo and extract.

Yeah, certainly the drobo won’t be the fasted at decoding and unraring, but for me it’s the convenience of being able to shut off the other machines while a download runs :slight_smile:

Unrar was getting a lot of requests, so I built a version for the FS if anyone wants it: http://drobo.jhah.net/apps/unrar/

I tested extracting a 1GB archive and it’s slow, but definitely convenient. If anyone has issues with it, let me know.

If you search on Google, there’s a Google code project for SABnzbd that I think is meant for the DroboShare. I’ve got it working on my Drobo FS by updating the static paths in the start.sh file. I’m currently trying to figure out how to get the up-to-date version of SABnzbd running on the FS but am having issues.

Thank you very much for your work !!
I would very interested by trying your python and SABnzbd versions when you will have them “ok to deliver”.

I would like to try it also

I run Sabnzb on one of my Unraid systems, which works great.
It would be outstanding to be able to run it on my Drobo FS… Keep up the good work, looking forward to the end result
Joe

does unraid support multiple parity? i couldn’t tell from looking at their website

No, Unraid only supports single parity, so only 1 disk parity or data disk can fail at one time. They have talked about it but have not seen any followup.

I keep data on both systems.

I run SABNZB and Rtorrent…on the Unraid ---- would be great to be able to do the same on the DROBO FS…
Joe

Anyone made any progress on the sabnzbd? I have install both python and sabnzbd on my droboshare, I run the setpath scripts and then the start up script and my error log is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/mnt/DroboShares/Drobo/DroboApps/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py”, line 809, in
main()
File “/mnt/DroboShares/Drobo/DroboApps/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py”, line 639, in main
info = socket.getaddrinfo(localhost, None)
socket.gaierror: (2, ‘temporary failure in name resolution.’)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/mnt/DroboShares/Drobo/DroboApps/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py”, line 809, in
main()
File “/mnt/DroboShares/Drobo/DroboApps/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py”, line 639, in main
info = socket.getaddrinfo(localhost, None)
socket.gaierror: (2, ‘temporary failure in name resolution.’)

I am fairly certain this is being caused by improperly setting up the sabnzbd.ini file and the init.py file. Anyone got any thoughts?

Actually, it seems like ‘temporary failure in name resolution’ seems to be DNS related.

Is your Drobo connected to a router?