Drobo

Is my Drobo busted?

I just got my first drobo (2nd gen) and loaded it up with 4 1.5TB drives. The top slot does not want to seem to recognize anything I put into there. I’ve tried swapping the drives around and the first one doesn’t ever “light up”…also the dashboard thinks that slot is empty eventhough I have a drive in.

Is this thing busted or what?

Best to contact DRI support (the forum is not an official DRI support resource - it’s for customers like us to discuss amongst ourselves)

Try putting your drobo into standby from the dashboard.
Then unplug USB/FW cable then power.
Wait 30 seconds, then plug usb/fw cable back in then power.
See if it boots up and recognizes that drive now.

[quote=“titaniumtommy, post:1, topic:505”]
I just got my first drobo (2nd gen) and loaded it up with 4 1.5TB drives. The top slot does not want to seem to recognize anything I put into there. I’ve tried swapping the drives around and the first one doesn’t ever “light up”…also the dashboard thinks that slot is empty eventhough I have a drive in.

Is this thing busted or what?
[/quote]Had the same issue about a year ago. After having opened up a case report and having sent in my log file (by which DRI verified the faulty slot) I got a replacement Drobo sent in.

Not sure what drives you have, but I had the same problem but did not have the correct firmware.

Seagate 1.5 TB drives with firmware versions SD1A, SD1B & CC1H/CC1J are the only Seagate drives that work.