Drobo

Intermittent connection

Hello, I have a Drobo FS since 9 years. I do have 4 computers connected to a network, I use the Drobo mostly for backups and media files. One of the computer have intermittent connetion to the Drobo. Loosing connection after 3 to 5 minutes, if I wait approx 5 minutes, connection is bak for 3 to 5 min. Annoying. No issues with other computers. My network switch is a D-Link DGS 1016A.
I had Win 7 64bit home edition on the problematic computer.
Steps already done:
Change cable, even I have no internet connection issue.
Uninstalled Drobo Dashboard 2.6.
Reinstalled 2.6 the upgraded to 3.5
Disabled Kaspersky Internet Security.
Disable firewll.
Upgrade to Windows 10 home edition 64bits.
Redone all previous test under Windows 10.
Next step would be to make a fresh install of my OS and all softwares,instead the upgrade but I have so many software and data and I can’t even update my backups due to the current issues.
And tried other suggestions found on many discussion forums.
Running out of ideas, any one got any suggestion?

You could look in the windows event logs for clues, sometimes issues turn up there & searching the event id sometimes points to potential solutions. Since 3 other computers are functioning smoothly, it strikes me it might be a windows networking issue with the problematic one.

Thanks for the reply cyber_beardy,

This what I found that is the most related as the hours correspond to the loss of access to my Drobo:

The application specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID 2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54) and APPID 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402 from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

As I found searching the web, this is related to: PerAppRuntimeBroker.
So, with the Component Services, I tried to setup Security Launch and Activation Permissions but got the message:
One or more of the permission entries attached to Registry Value has an unrecognized type and cannot be displayed.

Once I click OK on the message, it brings me to the setup security where I should be able to grant access, but everything is blocked, I can’t change the access level.

In addition, I had a tough that maybe the user access file in the Drobo was corrupted, so, I installed the Drobo Dashboard on another computer of my network, login as an Admin, deleted the problematic computer access, powered down the Drobo and both computer, reset access user and password, restarted the computers. Well, problem is still there.
I did that as I remember a few years back, I had a similar situation and it what resolved with this.
In addition, I search in the Registry editor for the APPID, then for 15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402. Well, the data is a mile long of binary sequence.
Also found that the DCOM is in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole
And deleting the following binary values:
DefaultAccessPermission
DefaultLaunchPermission
MachineAccessRestriction
MachineLaunchRestriction
May resolve the situation. Finger crossed.
I will be back with the results.

Here are the results: no luck.