Drobo

Integrate DroboCalculator into Dashboard

Hi!

I think it would be a good thing to integrate drobo calculator into drobo Dashboard.

What do you think?

seems like a good place to be and very easy to do.

I like that idea. Would be a good, and welcome, addition to the dashboard!

Hi, I like this idea, too.

seconded

Then open a support case and we can forward it as a feature request.

feature requests now need to be opened as support cases first? seems to be a waste of resources. especially if you expect us all to open separate support cases. i would have thought that would be for actual support needs!

I opened a support case as advised …

@docchris - DR is probably using “support cases” as a proxy indicator for customer enhancement requests. There is a balancing act between what they think, internally, should be added vs. what customers want, which may be different.

my point is more - why cant we request through this and save support cases for people who actually need support, a feature request is not, in my mind, a support request.

Jennifer reads the forums, can see how many people on here are requesting a new feature. she is a DRI employee, so far as as i’m concerned, DRI is aware of our requests for features.

[quote=“Docchris, post:10, topic:296”]Jennifer reads the forums, can see how many people on here are requesting a new feature. she is a DRI employee, so far as as i’m concerned, DRI is aware of our requests for features.
[/quote]
Speaking from experience, it’s unfortunately not the case for most companies. The kind-hearted soul who relays the requests to engineering inadvertently becomes “just one voice” no matter how hard they try.

DRI may be aware through Jennifer, but the magnitude is definitely reduced through each communication “hop.”

Polls are a slightly more quantitative measure, but realistically it’s easier to discount Jennifer’s “35 people on the forum” compared to 35 support tickets (and the associated time and cost with handling said support tickets). It gets worse when engineering comes back with “Well if so many people are having trouble, why aren’t we getting support calls/requests?” I’m not saying that this is happening here, but I’ve been in this spot elsewhere.

Use the system. It may not make sense and it may seem like extra work, but at the end of the day, the more individual voices that are heard, the more likely you are to get action.

in that case excuse me while i go and open about 15 different support tickets and swamp them with needless requests, thereby denying users who may actually need urgent support the help that they need :slight_smile:

they could simply have features@dri.com or some such similar for feature request/suggestions, it would be better than tying up true support channels with communication which is not a support request.

Open the cases, that’s perfect!!

And if you notice when opening the case online there is a drop down box for “Request Type”. And amazingly there is a drop down called “Feedback”.

bhiga is completely correct in his post. “The kind-hearted soul who relays the requests to engineering inadvertently becomes “just one voice” no matter how hard they try.”

I’ve mentioned this many times before and I’ll say it again and will have to probably say it a few more times before it sinks in… Engineers, Sales and Marketing, the QA department NEED cases to see the numbers, to see the “paper trail”.

And it’s NOT just this company, I have worked for plenty of Help Desks supporting hardware, software and combinations of both; feature requests, suggestions and feedback require cases/tickets/logs before anything can be worked on. Numbers need to be supported with proof and that proof comes from the cases!

/rant