Drobo

Green/Yellow lights won't stop flashing

I removed two of two drives from Drobo 5N to investigate humming noise. When I reinserted the drives, the bay lights are flashing green/yellow non stop. Drobo is inaccessible now. How do I fix?

You wait, potentially a long time, it thinks the two drives failed & is moving all your data around to protect against drive failures, depending on the size of drives & the amount of data you could be waiting 2 or 3 days.

At least it has gone into data protection (flashing green & yellow) in lots of configurations pulling two drives might well have lost all your data. Looks like you’ve been lucky.

Find a safer way to investigate next time.

Thank you for the useful information.

I will disregard the rest.

Regards,

Stan Oliver

Signs by Tomorrow

kent@signsbytomorrow.com

image002.jpg

Hi Kent
I was very grateful to come across your post as Im going through the same thing and was starting to freak out. Did you have success? Did your Drobo recover?
My Drobo does not mount during this process and Ive been trying to find out if this is normal.

Thank you fo your time.

Yes, I was able to get two drives to mount. It’s been a while since I had the issue, so I don’t remember the details. I am not super techy with computer equipment, so the resolution could not have been too difficult.

Good luck.

Regards,

Stan Oliver

Signs by Tomorrow

kent@signsbytomorrow.com

~WRD0000.jpg

Thank You so much Stan