I didn’t get the error message, as it popped up while typing and I hit enter and cleared it as part of my typing.
However the drive disappeared, and wouldn’t mount.
I tried disk repair, it ran for a few hours and finally said it could fix it.
So since it’s my backup volume I just nuked from orbit and recreated a volume. At first I did journaled/encryption as I figured that would be nice to have.
I have 1.77TB to back up, Time machine told me it’d take 23 days. So I thought oh uh, no encryption then. Blew it away, repartitioned as no encryption.
Time machine now says 39 days
I have the Drobo Gen2. I manually updated to the latest dashboard because it never told me I needed an update (post error message) as part of my checking.
I’m using the FW800 connection on a MacPro 1,1. It’s been solid for a year or two, this is my first hiccup.
I have 4x2TB WD Drives in, shows green.
Rebooted system, shut down drobo/unplugged replugged. Still slow as snot.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 upgraded from Snow Leopard. Was not slow until whatever happened that corrupted the volume.
I went back in and looked at the various screen in the new (pretty) dashboard. I noticed that it said that there was still 3TB or so in use. So I nuked it from orbit and re-created using the drobo tools.
Let me mention, it’s been maybe 2 years since I’ve configured this, so I was a bit rusty. I let drobo create & format the partition.
It appears to be running a bit faster, still seems a lot slower than I remember. Now it’s saying 9 days and slowly coming down.
i’ll let it run, but this is really weird. I’ll admit I’ve not ever backed up from scratch in a year or so maybe, and data has slowly accumulated on my 2.5TB drive array inside my Mac Pro. However formatting it / reseting device to defaults seems to have improved it some. no longer just getting DSL speeds (1MB/s)