Drobo

fuppes help

i have installed fuppes but when looking at it from my ps3 or the ipad it says there is no media. I have edited the .cfg
<shared_objects>
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/fuppes/media

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/drobo/videos
i have placed a video in both the DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/fuppes/media, and DroboFS/Shares/drobo/videos.

I got it. I had to update the fuppes db

Pretty much. And every time you want to make sure new files are indexed as well, since fuppes does not (as far as I can tell) monitor the folders for changes. It just re-indexes the folders every once in a while.

Can you tell me approximately how long it takes to update the DB… I have 692 movies/folders)… are we talking minutes or hours here? I am having the same issues as the OP… no data in the folder…

Thanks!

is fupes still supported?
maybe the fix is to code in an option in fupes to auto index new files or something?

It should start showing files immediately, as it progresses. How long it take to index the whole thing? No idea.

If your files do not show up, it may be due to using some combination of codecs that minidlna is not prepared (read: compiled) to parse.

Would you mind posting the details of the codecs for these files? It may be the case that I need to update my fuppes version with more codecs (although I thought ffmpeg would cover everything… oh well).

Ricardo, Thank you for the help… the problem was a stupid one on my end… I was able to see the share, but no files… This is because I had the shares in FUPPES config wrong… for anyone else reading, they should read like this: mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Public/YourSharedFolder/
From reading the above comment by lilMill, I was trying to use the following (and incorrect) path: mnt/DroboFS/Shares/drobo/Public/YourSharedFolder.
That cost me a few hours to figure out :frowning:

If you still need me give the the codecs details let me know, but my issue is solved :slight_smile:

Nah, it’s ok. If it is working for you then it is all good.