Drobo

Fuppes 0.660 No Longer Running

I have a Drobo-FS (1.2.0) with Fuppes 0.660 installed and was running well attached to my Xbox 360. But suddenly the Xbox cannot see the shares any more and the Fuppes config URL (http://drobo-fs:38737/) isn’t working. I still have the original .tgz and I have reinstalled Fuppes but it still doesn’t work. Any ideas? I also have DroboAdmin and Apache installed.

Did you install any Xbox firmware updates? it is kind of weird that it should stop working like that out of nowhere. You could always try to delete the app completely (so that the indexes are deleted as well) and then reinstall it, but from what you reported so far it seems like an Xbox update broke something.

I did delete it entirely and start over. But it’s not the Xbox. I can’t access the Fuppes managment URL either.

I noticed the same issue basically as soon as I updated from .05**

Everything seems to work fine ( builds database and everything)

As soon as I connect from my samsung TV to the Fippes server it crashes.

Both the management server as well as dlna server are non-responsive until I reboot the drobo.

Hmm, it seems there is an incompatibility between firmware 1.2.0 and fuppes 0.660. I wonder if the log files indicate something interesting.

I’m sorry to say, but the only advice I can give you is to go back to firmware 1.1. It has been the general consensus that 1.2 introduced a lot of problems, and has worse performance than 1.1. I kept my FS on 1.1.1 and I do not plan to update to 1.2.