I have a functioning 3rd Gen Drobo. It works reasonable well (sometimes it will just disappear on my desktop and I need to trun it on and off and then reboot then voila, back again)
The fourth drive went red as a failed drive and the device appropriately redistributed the data and which took a few hours. All the data was secured.
I removed the drive which is a 6TB WD Red SATA drive. The drive is about three years old and I would have it would last longer.
On a lark , connected the drive to an external adapter and inserted the USB cable to my desktop.
It needed initialization which I did and then formatting.
I ran chkdsk /f /r which found no issues.
I then reinserted the drive into the Drobo. Nothing to lose ( I think).
The drive installed as a brand new drive and there are no issues so far.
The dashboard reads it as healthy.
Curious if anybody has a similar experience or comments.
Thank you in advance.