Drobo

DroboPorts php-5.3.6 - XML-parts missing?

Hi

I have the most recent versions of php and lighthttpd installed from Ricardo’s DroboPorts.

The following simple code in a test page prints an error:

[php]

<?php $xml_parser = xml_parser_create(""); print $xml_parser; ?>

[/php]

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/lighttpd/www/tester.php on line 2”

From the build notes on droboports, and phpinfo() below, it seems like this should work… Any ideas?

[code]’–enable-xml=shared’
‘–enable-libxml’
‘–with-libxml-dir=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/phpdeps’
‘–with-libexpat-dir=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/phpdeps’

libxml
libXML support active
libXML Compiled Version 2.7.8
libXML Loaded Version 20708
libXML streams enabled
[/code]

Only thing I can think of is that there is no phpdeps directory in my DropoApps after installing php. Something I missed? Should it be there?

Best regards.
tusse.

Phpdeps is a folder I used to compile all the dependencies. It should not be needed since PHP is compiled statically. Well, at least that was the plan. What does the php log file say?

Perhaps there is something else wrong here. MySQL just crapped out, too. php.log should be in php/var/log? There’s nothing there.

$ pwd /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/php/var/log $ ls -l $ touch php.log touch: php.log: Permission denied $ whoami admin $

It’s starting to smell just like last weekend – http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8561 – that thing started when I rebooted the drobo because I had problems with mysql.

tusse.

I’m not on my PC right now, but I think you need to enable it first on php.ini. Which reminds me that you have to explictly add the xml extension to the /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/php/etc/php.ini file. Something like this:

error_log=/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/php/var/log/error.log
extension=xml.so
date.timezone="your_timezone_here"

Well, this is strange.

error_log and extension vars were already in the php.ini file, however I had to change the value for extension to xml.so (was json.so) and i added date.timezone=“Europe/Oslo”.

Now everything works as expected, no errors for xml_parser_create() !

tusse.

You can add as many ‘extension’ lines as you need. The json line is needed for rtorrent.

Ah, OK, I get it now. I was so focused on getting a log file, I thought for a moment that I the extension line was controlling the logging. Added json.so back, and put in session.so, and now my app works.

Thanks!

tusse.