No matter what, the bottom drive bay for my DroboFS always marks the drive as needing replacement, “Red”. Here is what I have done to correct this issue.
- Cycled power on Drobo, bottom drive bay failed.
- Drobo Reset erasing all data, bottom drive bay failed.
- Inserted brand new never used HST Server class HS, bottom bay failed.
- Forced reload of Drobo 1.2.6 FS Firmware, bottom bay failed.
- Drobo Reset unit and inserted only 1 drive in bottom bay, bottom bay failed. Confirmed that drive is spun up and accessed but drive marked as failed.
- Drobo Reset unit and inserted only one drive in bottom bay, bottom bay failed.
- Drobo Reset unit and inserted two drives - one in top bay and one in bottom bay, bottom bay failed.
- Moved failed bottom drive from bottom bay to forth bay, success - the previously failed drive spun up and RAID was rebuilt.
- Moved “Green” drive from bay 4 to bottom bay 5 - bottom bay failed.
- Created a 4 drive RAID and filled it to 95% capacity causing Drobo to mark bottom bay as “Insert drive here soon, Yellow steady light”. I inserted a new drive to bay 5, the yellow steady light remained for 24 hours, no effect.
- Removed all 5 drives and reinserted into a new random order, bottom drive bay failed.
This is the second time I have had this problem, I have never gotten the bottom bay to ever work. This is my second DroboFS, this unit was replaced once for the same issue.
thanks for any help.