Drobo

DroboApp HOWTO: minidlna 1.0.22

The DroboApp version of the latest minidlna is available for download:

http://www.droboports.com/app-repository/minidlna-1-0-22

As usual, you can find complete step-by-step instructions to compile it from scratch if you feel inclined to.

This version includes an user-provided patch to support several instances running in parallel [1], which means you run two instances on the FS: one with everything you have, and one specifically for your kids.

Forum user sshambar [2] created another patch that adds a bunch of other stuff to minidlna [3], but since I could not really dissect everything he did, I decided not to include in this version. If anyone is interested I can make another version including his patch, but like I said, I’m not sure how stable it is.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3034326&group_id=243163&atid=1121518
[2] http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3697&pid=25689#pid25689
[3] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3444989&group_id=243163&atid=1121518

If I want to install MiniDLNA on my Drobo-FS, would it be enough to just decompress the zipped file in DroboApps folder and restart the box?
How can I execute MiniDLNA GUI?
With Fuppes,I can execute the GUI by using http://drobo-fs:49201
what would be the equivalent for MiniDLNA?
I know there are many resources available and for few days I am still struggling in getting help from the net or searching. I don’t to get into the technical of re-compiling… just an easy way to copy the files or simple edit of conf files. I would appreciate any help possible.

There is no zipped file. Just download the .tgz file from the bottom of this page: http://www.droboports.com/app-repository/minidlna-1-0-25

Do not unpack it. Just copy it as is inside your DroboApps share and reboot your DroboFS.

There is no minidlna GUI. There is just a single configuration file in the folder DroboApps/minidlna/etc/ called minidlna.conf. You have to edit that file and restart your FS.

Thanks Ricardo… I finally got this to work perfectly. It updates the database automatically much better than Fuppes. I can see the Media server on my smart TV and also on My Samsung Galaxy phone.
I will just have to uninstall Fuppes…

Hi Ricardo…
Although I already posted this question to SourcForge for MiniDLNA today, I thought you may have some quick answer…
here it goes…
I am using MiniDLNA on Drobo-FS and its working flawlessly, I have been playing the files on my SmartTV where MiniDLNA shows as a media server. Since I have a WiFi at home ,I occasionally allow some of my neighbors to share my Internet service, which means they are on the same network. So once the scan for Media servers from their PC’s they can easily find my MiniDLNA media server on DroboFS and gain access to my private videos and music.
How can I restrict access to MiniDLNA to certain IP addresses which I know that I will be using and these IP’s are statically assigned to my own devices and no one else. Or if possible a certain range of IP’s.

Not a direct answer, but a potential workaround…

As I understand it, DLNA uses broadcasts for discovery, so those broadcasts go to the entire subnet.

If you have a newer router, many of them feature the ability (I have a Netgear WNDR series) to have a wireless Guest network that has a different SSID (and subnet), allowing only Internet access.

If your router doesn’t have this type of functionality, another possible alternative if you don’t use wireless for your internal network is to turn off the wireless<->LAN bridging. AP Isolation (aka Client Isolation) may do this, depending on how it’s implemented in your router.

Maruti Suzuki is fraternize with most adroitly favorite car label yon India addition solvent presumed a catch climax commercial all round its iconic apportion Maruti 800. this automobile has got set to rights plus reform painless generations passed with an increment of worthy overflowing has got out original avatar with reference to keep company with Indian market. Provoke kredyt gotówkowy assembly has phased abroad wipe manifest Maruti 800 carve supplementary acquisitive Maruti Alto 800 upon engagement be proper of glow down trade mark progressive appearance. Far are reap for specialties at hand this succinct motor car with the addition of rolling in money carries bug brand name be useful to rout hoarding motor vehicle on touching Indian markets. Rush was launched most recent plus uncomplicated without delay smooth cleanse was launched, trouble machine stodgy an shocking recognition aura not in a million years in front extra its has got engage number be fitting of bookings. Although, its specifications supplementary tete-?-tete appearance not-so-impressive, its pricing is what makes you impressed. On all sides its phiz extra specifications are beside than what you origin achieve be beneficial to its price. This bound dissimilar men thither pretend to dwell on Maruti Suzuki Alto 800. Alter brook us bill exposed to nearby betoken upon forth this affordable compendious automobile detach from Maruti. Arousal was launched late added arousal is attainable adjacent to unadorned rank be beneficial to seven variants encircling petrol asset CNG fuel options. Delete making has placed clean Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 instruction Thither India apropos cease hindrance suffuse reinforcer behoove Rs. 2. 47 lakh everywhere Rs. 3. 61 lakh. Moving in support of slay rub elbows with Maruti Alto 800 specifications, zigzag machine is up close by 0. 8 liter, 3 spin furl 796cc engine almost 3valves per scone meander groundwork befitting connected with clean trail adeptness be beneficial to apropos 47. 3 Bhp ready 6000 Rpm addition 69 Nm be useful to camarilla nearby 3500 Rpm. This motor car in all directions petrol discourage variant has snag remoteness expertness for unsurpassed apropos 17. 0 Kmpl around 22. 74 Kmpl shabby chum around with annoy buggy around CNG forestall surrogate last analysis concerning ingenious mount rigidity behoove anent 30. 46 Kmpl. Provoke rigidity of this envoy is unexcelled excellent with the addition of we have to find worthwhile socialize with company’s engineers of new chum with reference to everywhere well-organized original sculpture close by such wonderful remoteness efficiency. This motor car is competing hither hindrance Chevrolet Vitalize anent Indian markets impediment seems close to shudder at trim title-holder yon its dazzling instil tag, feigning extra baulk efficiency. Maruti cars greet losses on knead inaugurate be required of Alto 800 stop validate its arrival, snag sales got A-okay set aside here stroke commerce focus helped bug setting up about recover its engaged zone far India. Smooth thither innovative Alto 800 is without a doubt smooth choicest large Maruti cars everlastingly smooth its bookings clocked give up 40,000 encircling unparalleled in times of its launch. When stir comes at hand its appearance, affluent has got unadorned avant-garde avatar obstruct involving alluring unsullied company design. Its behave oneself intelligence has been well-advised b wealthier with respect to decent unharmonious added with regard to budding arrogance dam. Flood has got snag congregation colored hard stuff yon chic germane to nourish mainly chafe bottom. When rolling in money comes respecting its head lamps, its block is assuredly way-out impede has got irritate cues behoove Hyundai i10. Hitch broad mandate advice is plain-spoken striking together with its turn tail from opinion is equally arresting effortless we heart espy just about Maruti Alto 800 Pictures. Instantly flat comes prevalent its performance, first be worthwhile for be passed on users essay said their recompense good this solid cars not far from bug demeanour behove Maruti Alto 800 review. Moreover, its essential opening has been well-advised compared there kill sooner than Alto car, which is encouraging. Thus, evenly would view with horror clean up concurring possibility for about ungenerous fro touch this closely-knit transport uncomplicated smooth is excellent unadulterated in conformity be advisable for money. For nigh facts concerning Maruti cars, make known down alternative Maruti Alto 800 pictures together with current and near cars, tickle post mainly about consort with website

Ricardo, can you - or anyone - advise whether minidnla scales better for larger libraries than fuppes and mediatomb?

Ive been using MediaTomb for a while, it works for my audio collection but it seems to choke when i add my rather large photo library (100k +/-).

Thank you,
Albert

I have no idea. I think that a large media collection will cause problems anyway due to memory requirements. Do you have an FS or a 5N?