Hope someone can help me out. I have had my Drobo for a couple days now. Just finished copying my files over to 2 1TB drives. I put the Drobo in standby after I finished. I then tried to start the Drobo up again and it hangs while booting up. Here’s what happens with the lights when it starts:
- All four red drive lights come on, all 10 blue capacity lights come on, and the power light is solid red.
- The lights will stay like this for about 15 seconds.
- All lights go out and the power light will be solid green for about 5 seconds.
- All the blue capacity lights come on and the power light is solid red.
- Stays like this indefinitely (I have let it stay like this for hours).
All during this time, the fan is always running.
I have tried removing all drives and the same thing occurs. It just stops booting and hangs.
I have also tried to do a hard reset, but noting happens. Same sequence as above occurs.
Since it does not complete the boot, I cannot access the drive through the dashboard or disk utilities. I am running OS X Leopard 10.6.2.
I have logged a question with DRI (reference number 100116-000008).
Anybody have a similar problem or can suggest a resolution? I am hoping that the data on my drives are still ok . . .