The Drobo-S datasheet does not mention any performance figures.
On the other hand, I read some post claiming the Drobo-S processor was twice as fast as the Drobo-V2 one.
And Jim Sherhart from DRI commented in this thread that “Drobo S will sustain 70-90MB/s of throughput using eSATA”.
Message to DRI : that would be nice to get a FAQ entry with more details about those figures, like :
- does the 70-90MB/s figure apply for FW800 too ?
- does the 70-90MB/s figure apply too when Dual Disk Redundancy is switched on ?
- does this apply only in Read, or Write too ?
- does that assume 7200RPM drives, or is it achievable with 5600RPM “Green” ones ?
- is relayout faster on Drobo-S, and by much ?
Considering the heavy +100% price increase, those answers would certainly help many Drobo owners decide to upgrade or not…