Drobo

Drobo S not accepting 2 brand new hard drives

Good evening

I am swapping failed drives with brand new Seagate Barracudas and they are failing after a few hours/days. I enclose this table to give a summary of the problem:

A week ago I received a notification that I needed to increase the capacity in the Drobo S so on 25 October I swapped the Hitachi 750GB in Bay 1 by a brand new 2TB Seagate Barracuda - highlighted in Pink.

All OK for a few hours after the data protection finished when the 3TB in bay 4 failed. So I replaced it by a brand new 4TB Seagate Barracuda (highlighted in pink) on 27 October.

Again all OK for a few hours after the data protection finished when the newly installed 2TB in Bay 1 fails again. So I replace it by a brand new 3TB Seagate Barracuda (highlighted in pink) on 29 October. I also realise that the drive in Bay 2 has a health warning but the other drives are all good:

I wait for the data protection to finish and everything again is OK ie all the lights on the Drobo are green and the health of all the drives is good apart from the drive in Bay 2.

However a few hours later the newly installed 4TB in Bay 4 has failed.

Two brand new drives failing after a few hours in the space of few days? I dread losing the drive in Bay 2 in the meantime and I am also concerned that the 2TB in Bay 1 might fail given the experience over the last few days.

I am now waiting (yet again) for the Data Protection task to finish (23 hours) and I am wondering whether you have any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it? I have never had a drive failing after many years of owning a Drobo (the Drobo S is my second one).

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions