Drobo

Drobo has detected at least one drive from another drobo disk pack

I formatted and moved drives from drobo2nd gen to my 5DT and it gives me the following message:

drobo has detected at least one drive from another drobo disk pack

any idea how i can solve this problem?
thanks

I have to secure-erase each individual drive after I remove it from my first Drobo 5D but before I insert it in the second Drobo 5D (i.e., to replace a smaller hard drive in the second 5D with the larger single drive from the first 5D). By “secure erase” I mean I open Disk Utility (in Applications > Utilities on the Mac OS), select “Erase” with the subject drive that is in need of “secure erase,” and then click on the advanced options and move the slider to the right by one position (3-pass secure erase). The single pass erase (the far left of this slider and the default setting for “Erase”) does NOT erase whatever info the Drobo is looking for to see if the drive had been part of a different array. I contacted Drobo and asked for a way to bypass this alert and they said they’d look into it. I’m not sure if there’s any other way to do it, but this way works (even though it takes a long time to secure erase large drives). Hope this helps.