I have a Gen 2 Drobo attached to a Windows 7 Ultimate machine with two shared folders on it that I can (usually) access across my network. Intermittently I will start to get Permission Denied errors when trying to access the shared folders. I have other shares on other drives that stay accessible when this occurs. Permissions on the shares are identical. The only way to regain network access to the shares is to follow the following process:
- Unplug the USB cable from the back of the Drobo.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the Drobo.
- Reboot the Windows 7 machine.
After the machine has rebooted:
- Connect the power cable to the Drobo and allow it to start up.
- Attach the USB cable to the Drobo.
After Windows and the dashboard detect the Drobo, I can re-access the shares.
This problem just started recently, I have not installed or removed any software before the problem started occurring.