I just installed Drobo FW 4.1.4 this afternoon and all my SMB mounts stopped working. I tried resetting all my computers and my Drobo 5N with no luck. So I reinstalled FW 4.1.3 and SMB mounts all work again.
Let me know if you have seen a similar result or if 4.1.4 works for you on your Drobo 5N.
UPDATE: I just couldn’t leave it alone after I downgraded to FW 4.1.3 so I installed Dropbear which allowed me to SSH into my Drobo 5N system so I could look at system log files. I found a number of file system corruption warnings in the startup log files.
Since I keep a full backup of my Drobo files, I Reset my Drobo, Installed FW 4.1.4 and rebuilt it will the same Volumes structure and files that I had on it before. Now SMB and AFP mounts both work as expected.
I guess I’ll just have to check the log files from time to time to make sure everything is OK since the Drobo Dashboard didn’t give me any indication of a problem.